Monday

Seattle Washington Golf Course Review | West Seattle Golf Course

I had the pleasure of playing West Seattle Golf Course a couple of weeks ago and thought it would be great for a Seattle Washington Golf Course Review. As the course title implies West Seattle Golf Course is a public course, located in west Seattle, at 4470 35th Ave SW, Seattle, WA.

To provide a quick overview, this course is public, is 18 holes, is dirt cheap, is well put together, and has some fantastic views of the downtown skyline. Because these views are so great (most are on the back 9) I'm going to forgo my usual spiel with scorecards and yardage books and just publish all of the pictures I took. I know they aren't the greatest quality, but I forgot my usual camera and had to use my phone. The views are just so great I had to show them.

Walking up to the clubhouse you see what you'd expect in a Seattle Washington Public Golf Course - a regular looking building that housed a small pro shop, a small beverage shop, and a little place to eat. There were restrooms and a place to change clothes and that was about it. No fanfare. No bells. No whistles. The pro shop attendant was very nice, especially considering we were borderline late for our tee time (on Friday afternoons in Seattle every course will be packed if the weather is decent - great golfing community out here). We walked 18 holes - it was cart path only - and paid $27. Not bad - and they have a special where $36 gets you 18 holes, a cart, and a hotdog and drink at the turn. Not bad if you ask me.

As you will be able to see from the pictures the course is in great shape. Almost all Seattle Washington golf courses are because of the temperate climate. The greens rolled nice, the fairways were pretty solid, and overall it was an enjoyable experience. We played from the blue tees (second from back) and it was plenty long. A buddy of mine told me they hold the last round of the Seattle amateur out there every year, so you know it can pose a challenge if tricked out (if you don't know how to play in the rain, consult your handy golf tips - it was really wet when we played). And the views. Again, just take a look - they were amazing, especially for a country boy like me.

All in all I'd say our experience was a very enjoyable one. I think I shot 81 or 82, without having played much golf at all, and really enjoyed the course. The price, the layout, and the views guarantee I'll be back again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Didn't like my Seattle Washington Golf Course Review? Let me know what you thought of the course by leaving a comment.

No comments: